Thursday, February 19, 2009

Marinade for Flank Steak




I wanted to post my receipt for the spices but due to the image not being clear enough, I'll have to tell you. For the jar of oregano I paid $1.18, cumin $1.20, paprika $1.10, Thyme .48, veggie broth $1.56.


Total for just spices: $5.52. They were fresh and wonderful. When we arrived home I had my son smell the old spice in the cabinet and the new spice we purchased at PCC. I then asked him which one he would want to create a meal from that evening. Hands down the new spice won!

I challenge you to take an old spice out of your pantry and replace it with the same spice from bulk. You'll get a wonderful spice for your receipe this evening!

When we arrived home we prepared the flank steak, vegetables, and potatoes. To marinade the flank steak we took the following:
Cilantro
Basil
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. oregano
3 cloves garlic
Olive Oil
Blend in a blender ( see above ) It make the most incredible marinade for meat! Score your meat lightly and apply marinade for a couple of minutes. Heat your pan with a drizzle of olive oil, and crushed garlic and sear meat!






No comments:

Post a Comment