Thursday, February 26, 2009

Body Talk with Pat Sullivan



As part of my holistic makeover ( which concentrates on the mind, body and spirit ) I received a certificate to attend a series of one hour sessions with Pat Sullivan a certified Body Talk practitioner for three months.

I had my first session last week as she went over my health history and an actual session. You may ask as I did what is Body Talk? I'd never heard of it! Body talk is like acupuncture but without the needles. I for one don't like needles but I LOVE acupuncture so I was willing to give this a shot!

Pat is a very warm, caring , gentle person. She must do Body Talk on herself every day!

I wanted to be able to share with you a bit about Body Talk so I pulled this from the Body Talk Washington Web Site:

"BodyTalk is a highly effective system of accessing the body’s innate wisdom to heal itself. It does this through reestablishing or enhancing communication between all aspects of the body/mind complex in order of priority, resulting in healing from the inside out. The body is a complex organism performing billions of synchronized biochemical processes every second to maintain proper functioning. When a body is operating at its best, each system, organ and body part, down to the cellular level are in constant communication with one another at all times.Through exposure to the stresses of day-to-day life, environmental influences, accidents, trauma, diet and other factors, these lines of communication can become compromised which then leads to a decline in physical, emotional and/or mental health.Reconnecting these lines of communication then enables the body's mechanisms to function at optimal levels, thus preventing disease and rapidly accelerating the healing process.BodyTalk can be used as a stand-alone system to treat many health problems, or seamlessly integrated into any health care system to increase its effectiveness and promote faster healing. BodyTalk’s major assets are that it’s safe, effective and non-invasive."

You can read the entire site information by going to:http://www.bodytalkwashington.com/about.html#whatisit

I have to say that after my first session I felt very relaxed and we did work to reconnect various communication channels. I did share with Pat some areas that I would like to work on so we'll see after a couple of session and I'll keep you posted through the blog.

You can reach Pat Sullivan directly at 206-729-0907 pat@bodytalkwa.com


No comments:

Post a Comment