Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Wisdom of Your Face, Jean Haner


The Wisdom of your Face
By Jean Haner
Here is a book that I've been wanting to read for a long time. Jean Haner practices the ancient art of Chinese face reading and I was curious. I heard her on the radio some time ago and it was time to finally check out the book at the library.
I started the book right at the beginning and got thru the first couple of chapters and then started to skip around as it does become a reference book, and there is absolutely NO WAY I was going to remember all the material she was presenting.
Have you ever looked at someones face and thought.... Wow! They've been thru H---?
Well... there is some truth to that.
Jean site's a wonderful quote from Buddha in her book:
" What you are is what you have been, what you will be is what you do now"
Your face shows who you've been in the past and how that's contributing to the person you're becoming. And in every moment you always have the power to change.
Your face is only a reflection of who you are inside at any one point in time. As you change, so does your appearance. Your future is written in your features only insofar as they're a mirror of who you've been up to this point. As you transform inside, your future shifts. It isn't predetermined.
Your face is a mirror of who you are inside.
Your ears and your face map your journey and each major feature stands for approximately a decade in your life.
There is so much presented in this book that it would be difficult to present in a blog post. My suggestion would be to get the book and start working thru each part.
Jean presents workshops in Chinese face reading and you can find more information by visiting her web site at www.wisdomofyourface.com

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that book sounds interesting. I'm going to get it, I believe that your face does show who you are. I can even tell on me, I have had a bad year and I know I look it. I will let you know what I think about the book! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually had a face reading with Lillian Bridges in Kirkland, WA and I HIGHLY recommend her. I had a reading with her 2 years ago as a birthday present to myself and what she told me was amazing.

    Here is her info: http://www.lotusinstitute.com/about.html

    ReplyDelete