Sunday, October 24, 2010

Unraveling Week #4 Memories


This week in our Unraveling group we are looking at memories.
"Photographs are like signposts that show us the way back into the past; they give our memories colour and help us remember the faces of the people we love, the places we’ve been and the stages of our life as it unfolds. This next layer of unravelling is about seeing ourselves as we were, whether in happy moments or sad times, as recorded by the camera." - Susannah Conway
As the week progressed we were to be looking at photographs from all stages of our lives and journaling what type of feelings are evoked from looking at that photo. I love photos and have too many so the job was overwhelming. As always I left the writing assignments to Sunday so today I need to catch up.
The photo above was taken on a cruise that my son and I took while my daughter was traveling elsewhere. When I look at it I remember the special time we had together and how proud I was of him all dressed up for the formal evening. I think he looks proud too. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment