Thursday, July 16, 2009

God's Wheel by Shel Silverstein


God's Wheel
by
Shel Silverstein

God says to me with kind of a smile,
"Hey how would you like to be God awhile
And steer the world?""
Okay," says I, "I'll give it a try.
Where do I set?
How much do I get?
What time is lunch?
When can I quit?""
Gimme back that wheel," says God,
"I don't think you're quite ready yet."
picture above note:
Art in MotionThe Dancing Wheels Company & School is America's first and foremost physically integrated dance company. Since 1980, the Company has traveled the globe performing and teaching more than 3.5 million children and adults with and without disabilities. Under the artistic direction, of Mary Verdi-Fletcher,The Dancing Wheels Company has had the privilege of performing on national and international television with special appearances on CNN, Good Morning America and a national made for television special with Christopher Reeve, entitled Christopher Reeve: A Celebration of Hope. Over the years, the Company has also had the opportunity to perform with such luminaries as Ben Vereen, Tommy Tune and James Ingram.

No comments:

Post a Comment