Friday, June 18, 2010

Swiss Chard, Yum!


On my way home from work this evening I picked up my CSA basket of wonderful vegetables.
In the basket was Rainbow Chard... yum! One of my favorites! Along was a recipe for a Swiss Chard Frittata. Since I could pick the herbs as well at the farm I had everything for a Friday evening dinner. Nice and light since we didn't eat until 8:30 pm! After baseball practice! I thought the recipe was so good that I wanted to share it with you.
Swiss Chard Frittata
1 onion
1 garlic clove, minced.
2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp rosemary
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 zucchini chopped
1 bunch of Swiss Chard chopped
1 green bell peper, chopped
mushrooms sliced
5 eggs
1 c. shredded cheddar or grated parmesan cheese
In a 9 or 10: cast iron skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil with salt, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and freshly ground pepper for 5 min. Add zucchini and Swiss chard leaves. If desired add green bell pepper and sliced mushrooms. Beat 5 eggs and shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese. Turn heat up in frying pan. Pour egg-cheese mixture over veggies. Place pan in the oven at 400 degrees and cook for 12- 15 minutes, or unit it sets.
I have to tell you this was really very good.
I have to give credit where credit is due. They copied it out of a cookbook, and don't know the title but at the end of the recipe it says:
Anne Morgan
Lakes and Valley CSA/ Midhaven Farms
Park Rapids, MN
Thank you Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment