Friday, June 25, 2010

A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg


A Homemade Life

by Molly Wizenberg

I am probably the last person to read this wonderful book. I had been following
the blog Orangette for sometime and Molly would refer to her book so I finally put it on hold at the library. It came in and I read it in three days.

This was a really wonderful read. I'm not very detailed on book reviews so I'll give my quick perspective. I think Molly has done her family proud. This book is destined to be a Wizenberg family heirloom. I just wish I had one in my family.

Molly takes you in and out of her relationships with her family, her mother, father, her Parisian boyfriend and eventually the future husband. The stories revolve around their relationships and food. Each chapter doesn't let you down...
at the end there is a recipe that you will have to try.

I found the chapters surrounding her father very touching... and I won't give the contents away but they are wonderful stories.

Molly has a knack with language and she draws you into her world and your reading just flows from one chapter to the next.

I'm just sorry I didn't purchase the book because there are too many recipes that I want to make and it would be easier if I was able to pull it down off the shelf when needed for a quick glance.

My kids are gone this weekend but when they get home,
Molly's "Winning Hearts and Minds Cake" will be waiting for them after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment