Friday, April 30, 2010

This week I joined a CSA!


This week I joined my local CSA here in Redmond, Washington for the first time. I'd heard a lot about CSA's but had never gone to check it out. This was my opportunity to purchase shares of a harvest which will provide local organic produce from June - October. Wow! How wonderful is that... all I need to do is go pick it up. The best part about picking up the produce is that they have fresh herbs and fresh flowers to cut. Now that sold me! The herbs and the flowers. They say that their varieties of basil really is popular during the summer. I can just taste that pesto right now.
If you are unsure about CSA's, how they operate, or how to locate one in your community you can visit this site.
The first part of June I'll be able to pick up my first box.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great idea. I love buying local and fresh. I like the kirkland wed market...starts this month!

    ReplyDelete