Monday, November 1, 2010

Marie-Helene’s Apple Cake


This is as close I got to making the recipe Marie-Helene’s Apple Cake in the cookbook, Around my French Table. I had every good intention and the recipe looked so easy and delicious but we just didn't get there to completion. You see... I would have been the only one eating the cake in my family and I didn't think I needed to indulge. You have to pace yourself here right before Thanksgiving!
However, the site has posted November recipes here and some great side dishes are planned that can be incorporated into your Thanksgiving feast so I plan on making these!
I just have to admit that I'm not Wonder Woman and can't do everything! Well... I have dark rum for Christmas cookies now! I can just taste those rum balls!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that. Too many times have there been "leftover" desserts sitting around for me to nibble here, there, here again. It's like they have a little voice, barely audible when people are around, but when I'm alone, I hear it :-). And the Apple Cake...looks delish. Too bad we're all so busy that we can't just stop and share a bit of cake and coffee, no? Sort of like the Desperate Housewives...they're always stopping by. Not that I want to be desperate, or a housewife, but they do look like they enjoy each others company now and again :-).

    ReplyDelete