Monday, October 11, 2010

Missing in Action



I have been missing in action because I've been looking for a crock pot recipe that I've been wanting to share with you .... one of my favorites and I can't find it! As organized as my recipes are in a binder... they can't be that organized if its missing in action!

It's that time of year. In the evenings it's hurry to get get dinner on the table during the week and at least two evenings a week I make sure we have a crock pot meal. It's so easy and ready for the kids when I walk thru the door.

Since I can't find the favorite, I decided to share my next best favorite!

Slow Cooker Mexican Pork

1 lb Boneless Pork Lion

2 1/4 C. Old El Paso Thick and Chunky Salsa. ( 24 oz jar )

1 can 4.5 oz green chilies chopped drained.

1 can 15 oz. black beans drained.

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

Put the pork, chilies and salsa in crock pot and cock for 6-8 hours. Then stir in beans, cover and cook on low for five minutes or until beans are hot. Sprinkle with cheese.

This is very good and the pork very tender!

Besides looking for the recipe I've managed to clean the pantry, linen closet, kids games and finish our scrapbook from our spring break 2009 trip!

Trying to get some things done before the holidays set in and then we are really busy!

If you have a favorite crock pot recipe I'd love to hear. Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment