Friday, September 17, 2010

Last of summer

You could tell at the farm this evening that summer has ended. The rain has started to beat up the flowers and there are less of them blooming. The basil is just about toast but the Swiss chard is still going strong! If you want a crop that lives the entire summer, plant Swiss chard! It was sad to think that this may be my last week to go out in the fields to cut flowers so I took it upon myself to gather as many as I could without looking like the hoarder of flowers! Came home and filled up most of my vases. There are still four weeks left for heading out to the farm for my weekly basket of veggies. I'll sure miss it when it's over.

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss fresh tomatoes. Living here in AZ, I picked my last one about a month ago. Love your bright flowers, such a pick me up color! :-)

    ReplyDelete