Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Something to Ponder


"I grew up in a gentler, slower time.
When Ike was president, Christmases were years apart,
and now it's about five months from one to the next."
-Garrison Keillor
This quote really spoke to me. For myself I was already planning and starting projects for people in July! And when did those Christmas catalogs start arriving in the mailbox?
How often were we focused on planning for what was coming that actually living in the moment?
Take time now sit back and relax to enjoy these moments in the next two weeks. Don't start planning yet for Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been in the stores yet, but I remember last year during the week before Christmas, Target was already putting out the Valentine's Day stuff! Too often we allow the marketers to dictate life's pace. I agree, it's way past time to slow down and take time to enjoy life. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete