Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rosemary Kissed Orange Thumbprint Cookies



Rosemary Kissed Orange Thumbprint Cookies Tuscano

I found this recipe in the April 2010 Better Homes and Garden Magazine and it was a $2500 winner in the Holiday Category and it was submitted by Mary Louise Lever from Rome Georgia.

I tried to find a link to the recipe on their site but nothing came up so I'll type below. With the Rosemary I got from the CSA last week I knew I had to try this cookie. They were very good!

Prep 30 min, bake 14 min. chill 1 hour. Oven 325 F

1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup cornstarch

1 tsp snipped fresh rosemary

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup powdered sugar

a few drops of almond extract

1/4 cup orange marmalade

powdered sugar

1. In a small bowl stir together flour, cornstarch, rosemary and salt. set aside. In medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add 1/3 c powdered sugar and almond extract and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Wrap and chill dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.

2. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Shape dough in twenty-four 1 1/4 - inch balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Use thumb to make indentations in each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 tsp. marmalade into center of each.

3. Bake 14 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Coll 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove and cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar to serve.

Makes 24 cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Deborah

    I am so pleased that you enjoyed my cookies! It was fun creating them.

    I enjoy your blog too.


    Mary Louise

    ReplyDelete